Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's been awhile!

Well, it has definitely been a long time since I've posted anything new to the blog. I have good reasons, though! Lots of things have been happening on the homefront. The most exciting thing is not quite ready to be revealed yet. You'll have to wait a few more weeks for that. ;-) Unfortunately, this secret has been the biggest reason I haven't been blogging lately. In addition to my secret, I've also been sick. I had the flu really bad for awhile, and it has taken me some time to fully recover from it.


Basically, I've done more sleeping than reading in the last month or so. I think I've only read maybe 2 books. This really bums me out, because I love reading. I had also just received a lot of awesome looking books from NetGalley and was super excited to read and review them. Then my little secret came along and sidetracked those plans.

I'm starting to feel better overall, and I recently started reading Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. It has really sucked me in, so I'm hoping it's the kickstart I need to get back on the reading wagon. I also took some time today to look over my NetGalley books. They still look so inviting. I made a list of the ones I need to read soon (in time for release dates). Unfortunately, I've missed some release dates, so I'll be reading those books when I get to them. I do have a few reviews that I need to post, so you can expect those soon.

I've still got half of the workday left and a few chores around the house before my date with Angelfire tonight. I'm hoping to finish it (or at least come really close to finishing).

No comments:

Post a Comment