Friday, July 30, 2010

What I'm Reading (2)

I don't usually read more than one book at a time, but I'm making an exception this time around. Now that I have a Nook, I'm trying to read and get rid of a lot of my paperback/hardcover books. My Nook is new, and I found myself reading most of the books I already had rather than playing with my fantastic new toy. So, I decided to read both. I'm going to keep a regular book in my purse/bag for when I'm slow at work or waiting somewhere. My Nook is for reading at home. It's still too new for me to be comfortable just toting it around with me all the time. Here's what I'm reading now:

Paperback

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse Series) by Charlaine Harris

I read the first book in the series and have watched the first two seasons of True Blood. I'm addicted through and through. I saw the second season before reading this book, and I've already found some differences between the show and book. I'm eager to see what the rest of the book holds in store and how it compares to the show.





Nook

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I've seen lots of people on Twitter and in several blogs posting about the awesomesauce that is this series by Maggie Stiefvater. I decided to check it out. I'm about halfway through Shiver, and I'm liking it. I can't say I'm crazy about it or that it's been keeping me up late, but I'm enjoying it.




Audio

Pretty in Plaid by Jennifer Lancaster

I've also been listening to Pretty in Plaid by Jennifer Lancaster.  It's the second book by her that I've read, and so far I like it.  I'm only about halfway through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment