Saturday, September 18, 2010

Summer Book Club Challenge

Each season, my online book club The Nest Book Club holds a reading challenge. Challenge tasks are designated at 5, 10, 15, or 25 points. The idea is to read a book meeting each task and rack up the points. The first 5 people to finish the challenge get to pick the 25 point tasks for the next challenge. I've participated in a few but have never finished. Actually, I'm not sure I will ever finish a challenge. I basically use the challenges as a way to pick books to read. Based on the tasks, I pick books from my shelves at home. It's been a great way to finally read books that I've owned for ages. The Summer Book Challenge (SuBC) will be over September 30. The Fall Book Challenge (FBC) starts October 1. I haven't gotten very far, but here's what I've done so far.


5 Point Tasks

Book set in a place you never want to visit: Fallen by Lauren Kate

Book with one word title: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Dystopian/Utopian: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Book you haven't read yet by a favorite author: Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult


10 Point Tasks

Book where the title or author's name starts with "J," "A," or "S": Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster

Memoir, Biography, or Autobiography: Me of Little Faith by Lewis Black


15 Point Tasks

Book with a ghost or character with psychic powers: Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison

Read a book and watch the movie/TV show: Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Book about the paranormal: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Book you keep looking at and putting down: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong


25 Point Tasks

Read a book and contact the author: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Start a series you haven't read yet: Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs



So far I have 150 points out of 425. I still have a few more books that I'll probably finish before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment