Friday, May 7, 2010

What I'm Reading (1)

The book I'm currently reading is A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb.  It's been on my TBR list for awhile and on my PBS wishlist for almost as long.  I finally got an email saying it was available and jumped at the opportunity to get it.  Right now, I'm only about 20 pages in.  So far, I find the book rather interesting but just haven't had a lot of time to read.  I have a personal challenge to read 75 books in 2010, and this book is #13 or #14 for the year (depending on when I finish).





I really like audiobooks.  I don't always find time to sit down and read books, but I'm in my car just about every day.  A few nights a week, I would drive to and from classes (90 minutes roundtrip).  Right now, I'm listening to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.  I love it!  Some may think it's far-fetched.  I mean, come on.  Abe Lincoln fighting vampires?  I have found that the author has done such a good job of tying facts into the fiction, though, that at times I actually find myself thinking Abe was hunting vamps.  And, this fictional story of him has made me interested in reading a biography about him.  This book will be #13 or #14 for the year (again depending on when I finish).

No comments:

Post a Comment