Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I am Neurotic

My online book club has seasonal book challenges.  For the Fall Book Challenge, one of the tasks was the read a book with an orange or green cover.  I couldn't think of any books meeting this criteria off the top of my head.  I decided to browse through the Barnes & Noble ebooks to look for a book that fit.  When I stumbled upon this book, I am Neurotic (and so are you), I couldn't resist. 

Lianna Kong was doing something everyone does when she realized something.  While making a routine trip to the bathroom at work, she realized she cannot pee with her co-worker in there using the bathroom at the same time.  Kong started iamneurotic and that is how this book came about.  It's a collection of anonymous confessions.  People have revealed their neurotic behaviors.  Some are sad.  Some are strange.  Some are funny.

I liked this book.  It was a quick and easy read.  As a counselor, I've heard of most of the neurotic behaviors mentioned in this book.  Some of the behaviors seemed rather normal, but the significance the poster placed on them made them abnormal.  I also found myself thinking of things I do that could be considered neurotic.

Here is an example of my own:

I have a thing with locked doors.  Every time I come into my house, I lock the door.  It could be the middle of the day, and I lock the door.  My husband could be home with me, and I lock the door.  He thinks I'm nuts.

If you're looking for a book that is fast and funny in some places, this could be it. 

Rating: 2/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment