Monday, November 1, 2010

It's NaNoWriMo time!

Okay, so who else is super excited about NaNoWriMo this year?  I am!  I tried doing it last year but got way too busy with schoolwork.  I'm hoping this year will be different.  It may be difficult, but I'm really committed to getting my 50k words.

For those who aren't familiar with NaNoWriMo, it's a writing challenge done every year in November.  The idea is to write 50,000 words throughout the month.  Many people use this as a way to jumpstart a book they've been wanting to write.  Many people have actually published stories started from Nano.

I've had several story ideas floating around in my head for awhile.  It was kind of hard to decide which one to use, but it finally came to me.  I know some people spend a lot of time outlining, researching, and planning their Nano story, but I didn't.  One, I have no idea where to even start.  I've tried to outline, but I get really overwhelmed in trying to sort out the details.  Writing spontaneously seems to work better for me.  Now, even though I haven't done any prep work, I still have the story figured out.  I've played it through in my head over and over again.  When I'm driving to school or waiting for a commerical to end, I think about the story from start to finish and imagine it playing out like a movie. 

I don't want to give away too much, but I will tell you a little bit about my story.  As of right now, I'm thinking my story will be a YA.  The main issue will be about domestic violence.  That's all I can say.  :-) 

Good luck everyone!  I'll try to check in periodically with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment