Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Reading Goals

I love to read. I always have. Last year, I had high hopes for my reading goals. I was aiming to read 111 books in 2011, but that didn't happen. Enduring the fatigue and discomfort of pregnancy, a few illnesses, and taking care of a newborn derailed my reading goal. I ended up finishing the year with 46 books read. I know. That's not too bad considering how busy I was. This year, I'm hoping to challenge myself and embrace my love of books again. Here are some of my reading goals for 2012:

My Goodreads Reading Challenge goal is to read 100 books in 2012. I'm really going to have to push myself, but I think it'll be worth it. I'd love to cut back on time spent watching mindless TV or goofing around on the internet. Replacing that time with reading sounds fantastic. I've decided to try to squeeze in some reading first thing in the mornings before Baby Girl wakes up. I can read during my lunch at work. I'll also try to spend my evenings reading instead of watching TV. I know it's going to be difficult for me to read 100 books this year, but I'm going to try my best.

Another reading goal I've set for myself is to finish one of the seasonal challenges held by my online book club. During each season, tasks are assigned and given points. The idea is to read a book for each task. I've participated several times now, but I've never finished. I would love to finish. The challenge is a great way to challenge yourself to read outside your comfort zone. It's also a great way to help figure out what to read next.

A few general reading goals that I've decided to set are to read more books from the library and tackle the books that I already own. When picking books for the Winter Book Challenge on my online book club, I tried to use as many books that I already own as possible. If I didn't have a book to fit a task, I checked with my library. My last resort is to buy a book.

A reading-related book that I've set for myself is to post more reviews and posts here on my blog. I really fell off the blogging wagon when I got pregnant. I've tried to pick it up again, but I find it difficult to sit down and write up posts. I'm hoping to spend some time scheduling posts for the week, so that I can have consistent posts without spending time every day writing them up.

I'm super excited about my goals for 2012, especially reading 100 books. I should probably get off the computer now and work on that goal. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment