Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I Read in July (Part 1)

July was a HUGE reading month for me! I read a total of 13 books. That, like, never happens. But, I quit my job on June 30 and then went on a camping vacation until July 4. I've been home with my girls ever since and have done a pretty good job of finding time to read. I took advantage of the Kindle app on my iPhone and the free books on Amazon. This made it super convenient to read while I fed the baby, when the toddler was being clingy, or when I was shopping with my family in Walmart and needed a break from the torture that place causes. Here's what I read with my my Goodreads ratings a few of my thoughts.

2 Star Reads

Better than Me by Emme Burton

This book was just okay for me. Nothing spectacular. It didn't evoke any major feelings for me, but it did cause some annoyance. I'll explain more when I get to the review.














3 Star Reads
 Play Me (Alpha, Part 1) by Blue Ashcroft

This novella wasn't bad. There was something about it that held me in suspense, but there was also something unsettling about the male love interest.
          The Real Thing by Cassie Mae

         This story was cute, but I was highly annoyed by the female main  character, Mia. Not in the way that made me love/hate the book, but in the way that made me feel indifferent towards it.
Lingering Echoes by Erica Kiefer

Another book that was just okay for me. Interesting story but nothing that me die to turn the next page.













Those are my 2 and 3 star reads for July. There are only 4, and I said I read 13 books in July. So that means that most of the books I read in July were FREAKING AWESOME! And they were. More thorough reviews of these books (and the FREAKING AWESOME ones) will come soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment