Thursday, August 7, 2014

What I Read in July (Part 2)

As I mentioned before, I read a whopping 13 books in July. My first What I Read post only had the 2 and 3 star reads, because it would have been obnoxiously long if I'd added everything. For today, I'm just going to do my 4 star reads, because again, I don't want to have a super long post.

4 Star Reads

Since Forever Ago by Olivia Besse

I liked this book, but I think it's one that you will either love or hate. There are a lot of negative reviews on Goodreads that focus on how whiny and immature the main character is, but I thought she reminded me of a lot of girls I went to college with. A lot of reviewers said they couldn't relate to the main character and didn't like her sense of humor or the way she interacted with her friends, but it didn't bother me.









Plain Jayne by Laura Drewry

I thought this book was really cute. It's one of those stories about best friends who are fighting "more than friends" feelings. I'm a total sucker for these stories, because it's how my husband and I started out.











   The Only Exception by Magan Vernon

   This book had a really neat premise in that the main characters are from different political parties and fall for each other. They're so totally different, and it was just a fun, flirt book. It also touched on a topic that is really important to me and did so in a well thought out way.











The Only One by Magan Vernon

This isn't a sequel to The Only Exception. It's a companion novel, so you're already somewhat familiar with the characters. What I liked most about this book was the fact that the main character's struggle was so different from the other books I've read.











The Moment We Began by Sarra Cannon

I enjoyed this book and thought it was fun. There were some things the main character did that I didn't quite like or agree with, but that's what's great about fictional characters. We don't always like them.












That's all for my 4 Star Reads. Reviews will be coming soon, and so will the 5 Star Reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment