Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Storytime

A few weeks ago, I had a great idea for a story. I kept jotting down my ideas as much as possible, but hadn't sat down and actually devoted time to the story.

Today will be that day. I wasn't feeling good last night and still don't feel too great today. So...I used a sick day for work and started to recharge my batteries. This week is my Spring Break for school , which means no class tonight. Woo hoo! I have the whole evening to myself and will be surrounded by peace and quiet.

I can't imagine a better way to make myself feel better than laying on the couch with my laptop and writing away. When I was younger, I used to just write by the seat of my pants and not plan any parts of my stories. Now that I'm older and I really want to put my stories out there, though, I think it'll be best for me to plan. So...tonight will be my first stage of writing my story.

Tonight's goals:
1. Work out the plot of my story from start to finish. I've done this several times in my head, but it's time to get it down on paper.
2. Develop my characters.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment