Sunday, June 6, 2010

Confession: I Should Be On A Makeover Show

I am a mess.  I don't know how to style my hair.  I don't know how to pick out cute outfits.  I don't know how to put on makeup.  I'm a plain, frumpy 24 year old, and I feel sorry for my fiance.

He loves me and thinks I'm beautiful.  I, on the other hand, don't think I'm attractive enough for him.  He's known me for so long and knows me as the Plain Jane that I am.  I can't remember a time that he's ever said anything negative about the way I look.  Well, there were a few times when he told me I couldn't wear sweatpants to the bar.

So, my confession for this week is that I need a makeover.  Here are the things I'd like to change:

My hair.  It's super long and curly.  And unruly.  I have a really hard time managing it.  Typically, I shower at night and throw my hair into a ponytail.  Occasionally, I might put some product into my hair after washing it and let it dry curly.

Makeup.  I don't wear makeup, mainly because I don't know how.  Sometimes I'll wear eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara.  When I do, I usually just wear a neutral color on my eyes.  I'm not one to play with color.  Clowns scare me, and I don't think the people in my life would appreciate that. 

Clothes.  I am TERRIBLE at putting outfits together.  I wish someone would sort through my clothes and pair outfits together for me.  Getting dressed for work is like pulling teeth for me.  I have to dress up, and I have such a hard time finding tops that match my dress pants.  I also hate wearing heels.  It's not uncommon for me to rock a pair of tennis shoes with my dress pants.

My body.  I'd love to lose 20 lbs and a good percentage of my ass and thighs.  Seriously, my thighs are as big around as my fiance's head.  I've never been one to stress over my weight.  My motto was always, "I'm happy as long as my belly doesn't hang over my pants."  Well, that time has come. 

So, if anyone has any ideas or would like to invade my life and make me over, feel free!  In the mean time, I'll continue using brains to make up for my lackluster looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment