Thursday, April 8, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

While waiting for class to start one day, I decided to check out The One-Minute Writer.  I follow her on Twitter and had briefly looked over the site before but hadn't really taken the time to find out what it was all about.  For those who are unfamiliar with The One-Minute Writer, it's a site by C. Beth at C Beth Blog.  She posts a prompt each day, and visitors write for one minute about whatever the prompt inspires. 

The prompt for that day was "disappointment."  I wrote a brief response and didn't think much of it.  The other day, though, I received a comment on my old blog page that I had won for that day!  Woo hoo!  My first writing achievement!  :-)  Here's what I wrote:


One-Minute Writing of the Day:


Writer: amdenman

In high school, I lied to my parents and snuck out with a boy. They caught me and grounded me. My lesson learned didn't come from losing car and phone privileges. It came from letting one of the worst people I've ever met into my life.

Thanks so much, C. Beth!  The story that could follow those few sentences is one I probably won't ever share with others.  It felt good, though, just to write that brief paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment