Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up (4)

I don't know about anyone else, but I had a boring weekend.  My husband was out of town for work, which meant I had lots of time to myself.  Normally, I have class on Saturday mornings but not this week.  What are the chances?  I have no work or school for the entire weekend, and he has to work all weekend out of town.  I found myself doing a whole lot of being lazy.

After work on Friday, my friend came over.  She's been having some rough times and needed to vent.  We had some pizza and spent about 4 hours dishing on everything that's been going on with us.  She left around 10:00, but I found that I wasn't tired at all.  I had wanted to finish reading Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie #2), so I spent some time both on the couch and in bed reading that.  It was about 4 A.M. when I finally finished the book and settled in to go to sleep.  Unfortunately, I only slept about 4 hours.  Ugh.

Saturday was a totally lazy day for me.  I ended up with an awful migraine from not getting much sleep the night before.  After a quick trip to the drug store, I settled in to spend the night alternating between reading and watching HGTV.  I love the shows on HGTV.  I hate that they always make me hate the way my house is decorated.

We've been in our house for just over a year.  Planning a wedding left us with little money to put into our new house.  Most of our furniture is used that we've brought with us from our parents' houses or got from friends/family.  I'd love to do so many different things to our house, but I have no idea where to start.

My in-laws stopped  briefly Saturday evening.  My mother-in-law is always bringing me candy dishes for some reason.  I like candy but not enough to have a candy dish in every room in my house.  While they were here, they invited me over for breakfast Sunday morning and made plans to mow our grass.  The hubs won't be back in town for a few more days, and our grass was getting straggly. 

I tried to be more productive on Sunday.  Breakfast with the in-laws was good.  I made a trip to Target to get some organization tools.  I picked up some laundry sorters.  I can never see the laundry room floor, so I'm hoping this will help me to keep it a little neater.  My father-in-law came over to mow our grass, while my mother-in-law and I pulled weeds in my flower beds.  After that, I cleaned up the house a little bit.  My weekend finished up with some ice cream from Dairy Queen, Big Brother, and True Blood.

All I can say is I hope next weekend is better than this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment